Louisiana Red Beans and Rice
prep 10 mins
cook 35 mins
total 45 mins
yield 8 servings
Easy dinner recipe, this Louisiana red beans and rice dish is hearty and filling with a flavorful and authentic Cajun taste that just needs a few minutes prep, then let it stew!
- 3 celery ribs
- 1 medium onion
- 2 green peppers
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1/4 cup bacon fat (butter or oil will work too)
- 2 teaspoons Ragin Cajun seasoning
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 4 cans kidney beans
- 1 (14 oz.) package beef sausage
- 2 cup broth (beef or chicken)
- 8 cups hot cooked rice
- In a heavy bottomed 4 quart pot, heat oil over medium heat. Cook onion, bell pepper, garlic, and celery in bacon fat until soft.
- Add the ground beef and cook until browned all the way through.
- Pour in the broth and beans. Add Ragin Cajun seasoning. Bring to a boil, and reduce to a simmer.
- Stir sausage into beans, and continue to simmer for 30 minutes.
- Serve beans over hot rice.